Friday, April 24, 2015

Sherlock Holmes, Master Detective Interview Part Two





Sherlock Holmes, Master Detective Interview, Part Two

Our interview was interrupted by my cell phone running too low on power. Now I have repowered it and can continue with transcribing the text of my very lively conversation with three of the world's greatest men: Sherlock Holmes, Doctor John Watson and Harry Houdini.

Author and Biographer,
John Pirillo
=================================================================================

March 10th, 2010
2am
A location I am not at liberty to divulge

Author:

I'm excited to hear what the great Einstein...

Doctor Watson:

...and Edison. Don't forget Edison. He and Tesla are very good friends and Einstein works with both of them.

Author:

Oh. I see. Go on, please.

Doctor Watson:

Einstein believes, based on calculations he made, and with which Edison and eventually Tesla as well helped in fleshing out, that our world...dimension if you will...not your world, of course.

Author:

Of course.

Doctor Watson:

That our worlds overlap each other.

(At this point he took out three bracelets that he kept in his bag for certain occasions, which I will explain at a later date.)
It's like this.

(He overlaid first one, then the other of the bracelets across each other so that it formed a circle, but with all circles overlapping.

Doctor Watson:

Let's assume the middle circle is our Victorian England, London, where Mary Queen of Scots rules. Now the upper circle is your own world and dimension. The lower one is another one, which is, as yet unexplored and unnamed, but for clarity's sake, we will call Earth three...ours being one, yours being two.

Author:

How do you know ours is not the first?

Sherlock:

My dear Mister Pirillo...

Author:

Please, call me John.

(Sherlock looked across at Watson and gave a vague smile.)

It seems our worlds are blessed with two such Johns.

Author:

Very kind of you to say. But please, go on, you were saying...?

Sherlock:

(Steeples his fingers together in a classic pose, squints at them a moment, then gazes into my face with that hawk like gaze.)

For all intents and purposes each world is number one to its inhabitants, and so to arbitrarily call one the First would be a great injustice to those peoples who inhabit the worlds.

Harry:

Jolly well done, Holmes.

(Portrait of Harry Houdini)
Watson:

So, John...

(I smile at the gesture of warmth and acceptance.)

...as you can see from the diagram, one can easily slip from one worldly dimension to the next as
there are numerous points of contact, much like Fairie overlaps our own world, and once did yours  as well until Merlin separated the realms.

Author:

(Shocked.)

You knew Merlin?

Harry:

(Grinning like a Cheshire Cat.)

Not knew. Know. He is quite alive and well, thank you. Besides, who do you think taught me all I know...or a lot of it?

(Both Holmes and Watson laugh at that attempt at humility, which has failed miserably.)

Author:

Then am I to understand that I can go to your world as well as you to mine?

Sherlock:

Without a doubt.


Watson:

Though I would rather think you might want to go when you have trustworthy companions as there's no exact science in your world yet to make sure you land in a perfectly safe environment. Our world and many of the others have very hostile spots on them, wherein you might have your life stricken from you in a moment.

(I shivered in terror for a moment at that thought, for I have a very large imagination and I could imagine all kinds of horrors that might take my life.)

Watson:

Really, John, you mustn't let your imagination take over your common sense. In our many cases we find more have died from an overactive imagination than from actual physical contact with a mortal danger.

Sherlock:

Indeed.

Harry:

Although the occasional zombie or dragon has been the death of a few.

(Everyone laughed. At this point I will end this section of the interview as the hour is growing late. )

If time allows, which hopefully it will, I will return tomorrow with Part Three of the Interview with Sherlock Holmes, Doctor John Watson and Harry Houdini. Until then I trust everyone has gained a profound sense of trust for these three men as I have. For I have known none finer, smarter, nor more truly dedicated to serving humanity.

Sincerely,

John Pirillo,
Author



No comments:

Post a Comment