Friday, April 24, 2015

Sherlock Holmes, Master Detective Part Two: An Interview with Sherlock Holmes, Doctor Watson and Harry Houdini





Sherlock Holmes, Master Detective
Interview, Part One

A terse description of Sherlock Holmes might be sharp as an eagle, determined, relentless, determined and driven to know the truth.

A longer one might be that he is a man of many talents, a mystery even to himself at times, a mystic and a leader of men.

Presented today is a brief interview I was fortunate enough to have with the distinguished gentleman when he came into our world with his good friend Harry Houdini and his partner Doctor John Watson in search of a predator who was determined to assassinate one of our leading Presidents. Why he would go so far as to interfere in our world's politics, I hope this short interview might enlighten you as to.

I apologize for any errors that might appear as I tend to do the transcribing quite late at night so as not to disturb my family.

Because of the nature of the interview and its length, it might be interrupted at times to allow for me to either edit something I previously had more to add to, or to add more information that I remember that was not recorded.

I apologize for assuming the interview format to continue my biography of Sherlock  Holmes, but I felt the impact of his life upon my own and all those he has helped would be more powerful if continued in this format. 

Author and Biographer,
John Pirillo
=================================================================================

March 10th, 2010
2am
A location I am not at liberty to divulge at this time

Mister Holmes is seated with me, his good friend Harry Houdini and Doctor John Watson in a friendly manner of intimate friends. I feel honored that he has included me in his circle of friends, despite our rather brief relationship.

Contrary to many views of him in literature, his nose is not so sharp, nor does he always wear a cape and deerstalker hat. When he travels between worlds, as he has this day, and when he intermingles with the populace of a new land, he assumes the clothing common to that time or place. So were you to bump into him, you might totally miss what you had done.

Today, he sits in an easy chair, right leg crossed over the left, wearing jeans and Nikes. His hat is a baseball hat devoid of team attachment and placed backwards on his head, as is the style these days. He wears a plaid shirt and white tie with a "Global Warming" is real button on its lapel. 

He does not smoke his pipe in deference to my own dislike of smoke, but instead chews gum, which he has found to be a charming side aspect of his journey here and a pleasing find.

Doctor Watson does, however, continue to wear a traditional British suit, and carry his black medical bag. 

"Always have to be ready." He assured me before we sat for this interview.

Harry, on the other hand, is quite the visual find. He is a dandy of the first kind, colorful and bright in every way. Had he been born in the Sixties he would have fit right in, but of course in Victorian London he has to squash his more outlandish tastes to accommodate the more proper English ways.

Author (Myself):

First of all, I'd like to thank you gentlemen for taking the time to allow this interview.

Sherlock:

My pleasure.

Watson:

And mine; do you have any scones by any chance?

Harry:

 I'd appreciate it very much if you could guide me to a local magician's show, I'd like to see more of what your world considers magic.

Author:

 I'd love to Harry. It'd be my honor.

(I shuffled my paperwork on my lap, and switched on my cell phone recorder so I wouldn't miss anything.)

Harry:

That's an odd device.

Author:

 It allows us to communicate with each other.

Sherlock:

(Eyes sharpening their glance on the device.)

Resembles something I saw with Wells and Jules several months back.

(Looks at me brightly, his eyes narrowing.)

You wouldn't happen to know them as well?

Author:

Gentlemen, please, I know your time is limited, and I have so many questions that need resolving for my reading audience.

Sherlock:

You have my deepest of apologies.

 (His and Harry's eyes still on my cell phone.)

Author:

 I'll give you each one of these once the interview is over.

(They applauded in a very gentleman like way with smiles and "Here, heres.")

Author:

First question is for you Doctor Watson.

Watson:

Surely Sherlock is more interesting than I?

(A very modest man.)

Author:

My reading audience is intrigued by your tenacity when following a case with Mister Holmes.

(I looked at Sherlock and he nodded his head, indicating he was okay with the direction I was heading.)

Have you ever found a time when the danger of such missions created a...uh...chance of you harming those you love?

(Watson leaned forward and put his chin between his hands, thinking deeply on what to speak next, then he looked up.)

Watson:

The one time that comes prominently to my mind was when I and Sherlock...

(Smiles at his friend.)

...were on a special mission to the East India Isles.

Sherlock:

Ah, that one. John, you never spoke of that as being a worrisome time for you.

(Watson gives Sherlock an apologetic look.)

Watson:

I didn't want to burden you more than you already were.

Sherlock:

(Reaching over and warmly pressing Watson's right knee.)

You will never be a burden to me, Watson. Ever!

(As I watched that brief illumination of the depth of their friendship, I couldn't help but feel tears touch my eyes. The warmth between these men, despite current literature, is vast and strong.)

Harry:

I have to admit, Holmes, that is was I who put a damper on that episode.

Sherlock:

How so?

Harry:

I knew that if you forced Watson to rush back to the rescue of Mrs. Hudson, you would also be rushing back to your death, as it was a trap for all of us.

Sherlock:

We must talk of this further...

(He returns his eagle-eyed gaze back to me.)

...after our interview.

Harry:

(Nods.)

But of course.

Watson:

We were on the trail of an especially murderous villain, related to the Hollow Man. We had discovered his presence through the help of our good friend, Captain Nemo.

Author:

I still can't get over how all these famous men live in your world at the same time.

Watson:

Have you not written us that way? How could it be any other then?

(I nodded, again my eyes starting to tear up.)

Author:

And yet, despite what I write of you, your lives continue unabated without a single further input from me.  Why is that?

Sherlock:

I can answer that.

(Everyone looks at him, including me.)

Einstein and Edison have come up with a theory that encompasses the relativity of our two dimensions and all the others that overlap each other and ours.

Author:

I'd love to hear it.

(At this point I have to stop because my cell phone has run out of energy and I must renew it. I will return later with further elements of this particular interview once I have transcribed further this remarkable interview.)

 Please check back here frequently during the day as I will be posting more of this interview as I am able to transcribe and publish it.

John


No comments:

Post a Comment