Sunday, April 26, 2015

(New) An Interview with Sherlock Holmes, Harry Houdini and Doctor John Watson. Part Two.by John Pirillo, artwork, stories, videos at ImagineNation (http://johnpirilloauthor.blogspot.com/)






An Interview with Sherlock Holmes, Harry Houdini and Doctor John Watson. Part Two.

As I explained yesterday, I have decided to put the interview into a different format, as the other one seemed a bit confusing, even to me, and as the purpose of this site is to continue the excitment of the Baker Street Universe, it's important to me that we not lose the vigor and vitality of the heroes of that universe.

So today I present Part Two again, but expanded and hopefully a lot easier and fun to read.
Our interview was interrupted by my cell phone running too low on power. Now I have repowered it and can continue with transcribing the text of my very lively conversation with three of the world's greatest men: Sherlock Holmes, Doctor John Watson and Harry Houdini.

Author and Biographer,
John Pirillo

=================================================================================

March 10th, 2010
3am
A location I am not at liberty to divulge

"Now that I've recharged my phone, I'd like to continue where we left off."

"Please do proceed." Sherlock replies. "Oh, and I'd like one of those chargers as well. I'm sure TEsla and Edison would have fun playing with both devices."

"I'm sure they would." I replied. "So you were going to mention Einstein.

"And Edison. Don't forget Edison. He and Tesla are very good friends and Einstein works with both of them as a consultant and friend. He's been very helpful to many of the inventions we've released to the public in London, as well as in helping us solve some very peculiar and sometimes quite dangerous circumstances." Watson pointed out.

"I agree." Harry added. "I remember the time he saved my ass when I got caught in a time swirl created by the despicable Hyde."

"Remarkable." I commented. "On our world he's been gone for many, many years. I'm sure had he lived longer much would have been different here."

"Seems so anyway." Sherlock said cynically. "Though a bit askew what our Einstein would prefer or h ave wanted to be part of. I still don't understand you people are so fascinated with killing each other. So many guns. In our England guns are only the property of the Constables, and they only use them as a last resort."

"That's even more remarkable." I said enthusiastically. "There are many citizens here who protest the use of guns, but a very well monied lobby of individuals have kept government from preventing the negligent use of guns."

Watson snorted. "More than likely paid off by those indviduals, I should think."

"Watson! That's rather mean of you!"

Watson blushed. "It's true, isn't it." He said, looking at my face.

I couldn't lie to him. "I wish it were not. The America of this world has lost a lot of its freedom to the wealthy."

"It was once so in our Victorian England." Harry admited, but since the rule of Queen Mary of Scots, God bless her soul, the rich have become less ostentatious..."

"And more likely to share their abundance with the lesser endowed." Sherlock added.

"That's great!" I said. "But how does one person manage what so many cannot?"

"She is honest."

I sat there in a stunned silence for a time, for on our world, honesty seems to be for sale so much of the time.

"Well, no matter." I finally said, after a long pause. "Shall we continue?"

"Indeed." Watson agreed. "Einstein believes, based on calculations he made, and with which Edison and eventually Tesla as well helped in fleshing out, that our world...dimension if you will...not your world, of course.

"Of course."

"That our worlds overlap each other. "

At that point he took out three bracelets that he kept in his bag for certain occasions, which I will explain at a later date.

"It's like this." He explained.

He laid down first one bracelet, shaped it into a rough circle, then proceeded to overlap two more bracelets, like you shall see in the illustration I have provided below. I would have included the photo I took, but didn't feel it made much of a difference in the presentation of the idea. If any of you are later on interested in seeing the original photo, I shall be most happy to provide such.

Doctor Watson finished the design and then said, "Let's assume the middle circle is our Victorian England, London, where Mary Queen of Scots rules. Now the upper circle is your own world and dimension. The lower one is another one, which is, as yet unexplored and unnamed, but for clarity's sake, we will call Earth three...ours being one, yours being two.

I frowned. "That concept is quite old in our literature, but I hardly ever thought it a reality, let alone a possibility, though some of our scientists like Stephen Hawking believe in multiple dimensions...I'm just not certain their concept inlcludes alternate realities and duplicates of ourselves."

I touched the upper bracelet and looked at Watson. "How do we know that your world is the one in the middle?

Sherlock laughed. "My dear, Mister Pirillo, poor Watson here is already far out of his own intellectual boundaries, do not confuse him further with such details."

Watson scowled at Sherlock. "I'll have you know that I spent an entire week with her majesty, Tesla and Einstein going over these principles."

Sherlock frowned. "You never  told me about that?"

Vexing. "You'd be suprised how much I have never told you."

Surprised at the complexity of their relationship, which I was then seeing was quite a bit more vigorous than portrayed in literature, by me or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, I proceeded to intervene as a good host should.

"I'm sure the both of you will have more than enough time to iron all of this out. What with all the adventures you administer, and the services to the public, I don't see how the two of you have any time whatsover to communicate at all sometimes."

Watson nodded. "True. By Jove, sometimes I feel like a top spinning on the pavement, twirled this way and that."

Sherlock nodded. "It can be a it much at times."

Harry grinned, and took another scone to eat. "These are really good. How are they made?"

"Organic ingredients."

He frowned. "What's organice?"

"Food without toxic chemicals."

He almost choked on his bite. "You serve toxic food to each other here?"

I didn't reply. I didn't have to. The look in my eyes told him everything.

He took his hat off and set it beside him.  "You have my sincere apologies. I didn't realize your people were so afflicted."

Wanting to divert back to the interview again, I proceeded. "

"Very kind of you to say. But please, go on, you were saying...?"

Sherlock steeples his fingers together in a classic pose, squints at them a moment, then gazes into my face with that hawk like gaze. "Mind if I continue, Watson?"

"Not at all, Holmes. Please do. While you do so, I shall take advantage of these wonderful  scones to help them from going stale."

I smiled the same time as Sherlock, who then said. "For all intents and purposes each world is number one to its inhabitants, and so to arbitrarily call one the First would be a great injustice to those peoples who inhabit the worlds."

"Jolly well spoken, Holmes."

Portrait of Harry Houdini
 Watson wiped his mouth with one of the napkins I had provided, took a large gulp of his coffee, then leaned forward and tapped the overlapping bracelets. "So..." 

I gave him a smile and nodded for him to proceed. Sherlock, meanwhile, took out a small notebook and began scribblng furiously in it. Something which I am  not now allowed to divulge, but shall certainly do so once they have lifted their restrictions upon what I can or can not reveal to my dear audience.

"So, John...as you can see from the diagram, one can easily slip from one worldly dimension to the next as there are numerous points of contact, much like Fairie overlaps our own world, and once did yours  as well until Merlin separated the realms.

"You knew Merlin?"

Harry grinned like a Cheshire Cat. "Not knew. Know. He is quite alive and well, thank you. Besides, who do you think taught me all I know...or a lot of it?

Both Holmes and Watson laugh at that attempt at humility, which has failed miserably.

"Then am I to understand that I can go to your world as well as you to mine?

Sherlock nodded. "Without a doubt."

Watson listening to the conversation.
 Watson crossed his arms then and gave Sherlock's words a minute of thought, then said, "Though I would rather think you might want to go when you have trustworthy companions as there's no exact science in your world yet to make sure you land in a perfectly safe environment. Our world and many of the others have very hostile spots on them, wherein you might have your life stricken from you in a moment."

I shivered in terror for a moment at that thought, for I have a very large imagination and I could imagine all kinds of horrors that might take my life.

"Really,  Mister Pirillo, you mustn't let your imagination take over your common sense. In our many cases we find more have died from an overactive imagination than from actual physical contact with a mortal danger from our world or another.

"Indeed." Sherlock agreed.

"Although the occasional zombie or dragon has been the death of a few citizens now and then. " 
Harry added.

Everyone laughed. 

At this point I will end my interview with Sherlock Holmes,  Doctor Watson and Harry Houdini.
If time allows, which hopefully it will, I will return later this day with Part Three of the Interview with Sherlock Holmes, Doctor John Watson and Harry Houdini. 

Until then I trust everyone is starting to realize just how remarkable these three men are, as well as talented and dedicated to their work.

Sincerely,
John Pirillo,
Author



No comments:

Post a Comment